Thursday, March 13, 2014

Find "Light" When Things Are A little Next to Normal

If you don't already know how much I love musicals,then you may or may not know that Next to Normal is one of my all time favorites. The story is intensely beautiful. The thing that I love most about it is how it reflects on the people and aspects in my life. Those realistic stories will get you every time,or at least they get me. The reason I am even telling you this is because I want you to listen to the song "Light" not because it is one of my favorites (well that too),but because of the meaning behind it.

Go on! Take a few and find some light. 




I want to point out the lines in this song that mean the most and provide for strong thoughts and empowerment,because a little drama never hurt anyone.


Diana:
Day after day,
Wishing all our cares away.
Trying to fight the things we feel,
But some hurts never heal.
Some ghost are never gone,
But we go on,We still go on.
And you find some way to survive
And you find out you don't have to be happy at all,
To be happy you're alive.
Natalie:
Day after day,
Give me clouds, and rain and gray.
Give me pain, if that's what's real.
Henry and Natalie:
It's the price we pay to feel.
Dan and Diana:
The price of love is loss,
Dan:
But still we pay.
Dan and Henry:
We love anyway.
Gabe:
And when the night has finally gone.
And when we see the new day dawn.
We'll wonder how we wandered for so long, so blind.
The wasted world we thought we knew,
The light will make it look brand new.
So
We'll find the will to find our way.
Knowing that the darkest skies will someday see the sun.
Sons and daughters, husbands, wives.
Can fight that fight.
There will be light.

I don't think anything that I could write could be nearly as great as those words. The main idea here is no matter what there is something positive. I know that love and feelings take a lot and provide opportunities to risk a lot. As the song says "its the price we pay to feel." No matter the risk,no matter the fight there is always light making it worth it. Cliche or not,its true. Play the song again and think about it. 


Happy Listening! Happy Thinking! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment