Thursday, August 29, 2013

They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway!

I love musicals!
Musical quotes

Ever since I was a young girl in Elementary School I have loved Broadway musicals. So  decided that I would give you a run down of my favorite shows. Kay,so maybe I should narrow it down to 10 seeing as well there a ton. (Tried looking for a real number,but only found a basic overview article


So... onto the top 5 that I am loving as of late. Don't wanna bore you with a too lengthy post. Or do I? 



1- Next to Normal


Oh Next to Normal when I first heard the song "Maybe"  I fell in love.  This is a blissful yet intense musical that blows me away no matter what. I LOVE this. This shows how great it is. I seriously cannot even paraphrase it. Watch this, and this (my favorite part,well one of them.)
                                     
2-Legally Blonde 

This show. That girl. One me. Yep,this show found a special place in my heart through high school and still holds one now. Like seriously,(see what I did there.) This show provides me with inspiration and excitement  Bonus it sums up my life in one way or another. Looking for an Emmit while being a little naive and wanting to make my way through law school. Not to mention that I need to be "Whipped Into Shape". And on a side note I think that "So Much Better" is one of those recovery songs when you are off to bigger and better things. **Bonus,if you are interested you can watch it online. What? A while ago in 2007 legally blonde aired on MTV as a live recording sing along. (Part 1 starts here)   

3-Rent


There certainly is "No day,but Today." I got into this musical in 7th grade when my Drama Teacher decided that it would be awesome to do a lovely (?) rendition of "Over the Moon". I thought what the pathetic song? Then I made my dad take me to the movie one late Saturday night and I loved it. Story about love, life and disease. But more love and living for today. Plus really attractive men with great singing voices. Bonus! 

4-Wicked 


No one mourns the wicked. Oh this show, though I have never seen it and expierenced it live I love it. And I will see it live someday, I will, I will.  Wicked has been a favorite for the longest time and I just love what it has to offer. Friendship,power,humor,and love. The love of two friends finding their ways. 
5-Spring Awakening


Cation its a little scandalous. Spring awakening is exactly what it says it is. My favorite part of this show are the songs. My top favorites being:



Another cool feature is I found this website that has links to broadway shows on Youtube!








0 comments:

Post a Comment